Friends of the Mississippi River conducts a wide array of volunteer programs that go beyond specific events. Some, like the Mississippi River Gorge Stewards, include a wide range of scheduled events over the course of a season. Others, like storm drain stenciling, can be scheduled to fit a volunteer groups schedule. Still others, like volunteering at our office, are here and waiting for you at any time.
Check out our current offerings:
- Events Calendar - Most two to three-hour volunteer activities for individuals and small groups are listed here
- Service Programming
- Restoration and Education Events Internship
- Field Ecology Internship
- Development Intern / Volunteer
- Storm Drain Stenciling - Perfect for groups looking to schedule an educational service project.
- Gorge Stewards - Come learn about and contribute to the health and welfare of the Twin Cities River Gorge. Most activities are two to three hours in duration and are posted to our events calendar. These events are good matches for individuals, families and small groups.
- Mississippi River Challenge - Great for groups and those who prefer high-energy, large-scale events. The event takes place during the last weekend of July and offers volunteer opportunities in three to four hour shifts.
- Sand Coulee Stewards
- Stream Health Evaluation Project - Receive extensive training and enjoy great camaraderie through this in-depth volunteer program. Preference given to Rice Creek Watershed District residents.
- Vermillion River Watershed Stewards - Come learn about and contribute to the health and welfare of the Vermillion River, an important tributary to the Mississippi and a trophy trout stream. Most activities are two to three hours in duration and are posted to our events calendar. These events are good matches for individuals, families and small groups.
- Tuesday Night Office Crew - Stay cool and/or warm in the FMR office with this recurring volunteer opportunity which takes place two to three Tuesday evenings every month.