Let us know if you'd like to help with spring* restoration events!
We'll be back pulling garlic mustard (and more) in no time!
The FMR Stewardship Team is busy planning for another packed restoration season. We're looking forward to getting our hands dirty alongside some pretty amazing volunteers (YOU!) to help protect, enhance and restore important landscapes and habitat for all of the critters and plant species who rely on the river.
We'll need helping hands at everything from our annual Minneapolis Earth Day cleanup to native plantings, tendings, invasive species removals and other habitat restoration activities.
If you've never attended a restoration event with FMR, here's a few things you should know:
- All are welcome! We provide all tools and safety training – no previous experience is needed.
- We value your time and do our best to make events easy to sign up for and hold them at convenient times. Events typically only require a 2-3 hour time commitment on a weekday evening or Saturday morning.
- To make sure everyone is busy and has a chance to ask questions of our event staff and ecologists, we limit registration.
- And because we work hard to ensure a quality experience, our outdoor events are pretty popular and tend to reach capacity. So when we do email you about them, don't forget to RSVP!
Get in touch
Interested in helping? Great! Contact FMR Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator Sophie Downey, email@example.com or 651.222.2193 x27, and we'll add you to the email list for the FMR stewardship program and events nearest to you. We'll also add you to the Mississippi Messages list so you get the complete FMR calendar twice a month, as well as important river news, resources and action alerts right in your inbox.
We look forward to working with you!
* Event season is typically mid-April through late-October.