Roseville earns stormwater excellence award!
Friends of the Mississippi River is proud to announce that the city of Roseville has earned the Blue Star Award. Roseville, like all Blue Star communities, is taking a leadership role in protecting Minnesota's water resources and public health through excellence in stormwater management.
The city of Roseville scored high enough on the Blue Star Award assessment to:
- be one of only 18 cities in the state to earn the rigorous Blue Star Award for excellence in stormwater management that has existed since 2010.
- have the 5th highest score in the state and be recognized on the Blue Star Leaderboard.
- have the 4th highest score in Planning & Preservation and 2nd highest score in Stormwater Pollution Prevention, two of the three categories that make up the award.
Roseville is doing truly exceptional work managing stormwater. Please join us in thanking and congratulating Roseville's:
- Pat Dolan, Maintenance & Fleet Supervisor who took the lead on completing the Blue Star Assessment
- Tony Thury, Utilities Supervisor (now retired)
- Duane Schwartz, Public Works Director
- Ryan Johnson, Environmental Specialist
- City crews who implement stormwater best management practices
- City elected officials who implement stormwater policy best management practices
Is your city a Blue Star City? Find out here.