Now through June 15th FMR is offering a special gift and volunteer membership for just $15 — complete with a free year’s subscription to Big River Magazine! They’re a great way to support the restoration and conservation of the Mississippi River while giving a thoughtful, unique present to a recent graduate, friend, family member, or yourself!
Why membership matters
- The more members FMR has, the more people we officially represent. This helps us advocate for and help restore the river in many ways.
- The more members we have, the more we can leverage additional funding from foundations and corporations, meaning more money for habitat restoration and education events and projects.
- The greater our numbers, the stronger our voice! When it comes to grabbing the ears of politicians and policymakers in decision-making forums, those who represent the largest number of constituents often matter most.
- Members beget members. We are social creatures. The more members we have, the more we look like a worthy investment to others!
- It feels good. You know you’re doing something that makes sense and helps others and our environment.
- In addition, you (or your gift recipient) will receive a year's free subscription to Big River Magazine, courtesy of The McKnight Foundation and Big River so the entirety of your gift goes to support the river. Big River Magazine is a great way to learn more about the Mississippi in our region, and discover ways to take advantage of what it offers!
Give your gift membership or become a volunteer AND member today!
Visit our donation page, and be sure to note gift membership details OR that you are a current FMR volunteer in the Gift Details box, and whether you'd like to receive the year's free subscription to Big River Magazine (courtesy of The McKnight Foundation). Thank you for your support!