Advocate for the River!
Act online, join us at the Capitol or come learn more about today's most important river issues at special happy hours: Join the FMR River Guardians!
From banning pollutants to passing strong rules to guide local riverfront development, many of FMR's victories are thanks to our strong base of advocates. Your voice is essential to our efforts to protect, restore and enhance the Mississippi River!
Sign up and we'll email you when an important river issue arises. We make it quick and easy to contact decision makers. River Guardians are also invited to special happy hours and other events about important legislative and metro river corridor issues.
Take Action Now
What we weigh in on
In addition to advocating for strong water quality rules and laws at the state and national levels (see action alerts above or check out our Legislative Updates blog), FMR is involved in a wide variety of metro corridor projects and proposals.
Here are comment letters we've sent to city planners, legislators, judges and others to speak up for the river throughout the Twin Cities river corridor:
• 9/24/2021 Battle Creek Master Plan Comments
• 9/13/21 Maplewood MRCCA ordinance comments
• 7/21/21 St. Paul Highland Bridge (Ford site) height variance comments
• 7/16/21 Champlin MRCCA ordinance comments
• 7/8/21 Minneapolis Marshall St. NE bluff setback variance appeal
• 6/23/21 Upper Harbor Terminal draft environmental review comments
• 6/22/21 Ramsey County/Maplewood development sites comments
• 5/10/21 Cottage Grove Mississippi Dunes development comments
• 3/18/2021 Upper St. Anthony Falls disposition study comments
• 3/17/2021 Minneapolis Upper Harbor Terminal environmental review scoping comments
• 3/15/2021 Spring Lake Park Reserve draft master plan comments
• 3/3/2021 Ramsey MRCCA ordinance comments
• 1/21/2021 Ravenna MRCCA ordinance comments
• 1/14/2021 Minneapolis Upper Harbor Terminal draft coordinated plan comments
• 1/7/2021 Minneapolis Parks for All comprehensive plan comments
• 1/6/2021 Newport MRCCA ordinance comments
• 2020 comment letters
• 2019 comment letters
• 2018 comment letters
• 2017 comment letters
Current river corridor advocacy sites
At each of our metro riverfront sites, FMR partners with community organizations, local residents and River Guardians to ensure that the essential values of public access, scenic views, historic preservation and environmental quality are respected.
Note: We're working to update this with more details and information on each site. As soon as it's done, we'll be sure to announce it in our e-newsletter, Mississippi Messages. All River Guardians are automatically subscribed.
Please contact FMR River Guardians Program Coordinator Sophie Downey at email@example.com or 651.222.2193 x27.