Advocate for the River!
Act online, join us at the Capitol or come learn more about today's most important river issues at special happy hours: Join the FMR River Guardians!
From banning pollutants to passing strong rules to guide local riverfront development, many of FMR's victories are thanks to our strong base of advocates. Your voice is essential to our efforts to protect, restore and enhance the Mississippi River!
Sign up and we'll email you when an important river issue arises. We make it quick and easy to contact decision makers. River Guardians are also invited to special happy hours and other events about important legislative and metro river corridor issues.
Take Action Now
Action Alert: Submit your comments on the Minneapolis MRCCA draft ordinance (for Minneapolis River Guardians)
What we weigh in on
In addition to advocating for strong water quality rules and laws at the state and national levels (see action alerts above or check out our Legislative Updates blog), FMR is involved in a wide variety of metro corridor projects and proposals.
Here are comment letters we've sent to city planners, legislators, judges and others to speak up for the river throughout the Twin Cities river corridor:
• 9/18/2020 2025 West River Road (Broadway Pizza) redevelopment comments
• 9/9/2020 Pig's Eye Lake 45-day review comments
• 9/16/2020 Minneapolis MRCCA ordinance comments
• 7/8/2020 Battle Creek Master Plan concepts comments
• 7/6/2020 Ford redevelopment Area C solar project
• 6/18/2020 Additional Upper Harbor Terminal state bonding opposition
• 6/15/2020 Support for Minnesota POCI-Caucus Police Accountability Reforms (additional context)
• 6/3/2020 Support for Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board resolutions on policing changes
• 5/15/2020 Spring Lake Park Reserve master plan comments
• 4/9/2020 Minneapolis 26th Avenue North Overlook support
• 4/8/2020 South St. Paul Hardman Triangle plan comments
• 3/9/2020 Upper Harbor Terminal state bonding opposition
• 2019 comment letters
• 2018 comment letters
• 2017 comment letters
Current river corridor advocacy sites
At each of our metro riverfront sites, FMR partners with community organizations, local residents and River Guardians to ensure that the essential values of public access, scenic views, historic preservation and environmental quality are respected.
Note: We're working to update this with more details and information on each site. As soon as it's done, we'll be sure to announce it in our e-newsletter, Mississippi Messages. All River Guardians are automatically subscribed.
Please contact FMR River Guardians Program Coordinator Sophie Downey at email@example.com or 651.222.2193 x27.